Yesterday I break my fast at McD drive thru since I couldn't make it to break my fast at home. I ordered one set of mcd chicken and while waiting for my meal, I looked up at the menu board and I saw one of my favourite breakfast dish which is "Hashbrown"... huhu..it's been a while I haven't had my hashbrown when I'm on this diet. So last night, I googled up any possible recipes that can be as a substitute to hashbrown since my head couldn't resist anymore thinking about that hashbrown. I found it and decided to make one for my sahur..
- 1 cauliflower (finely grated)
- 2 biji telur
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 t serbuk kari (more of less to taste)
- 1 sudu tepung jagung
- cili hiris/daun bawang (optional)
- Rebus cauliflower sehingga empuk lebih kurang 10 minit. Toskan dan lenyekkan sementara masih panas. Masukkan cheese, telur, tepung jagung, serbuk kari,daun bawang dan garam secukup rasa.
- Panaskan kuali dengan sedikit butter (medium high heat).
- Bentukkan bulat2 dan masak sehingga kedua2 belah keperangan dan rangup.
I made the batter the night before and fried it early in the morning, piping hot~! I would say this is the best substitute hashbrown so far. You can dip this with sour cream to make it more tastier. Enjoy this recipe~!